It’s been a while since I’ve blogged and the tone has been serious. So, on this lovely fall morning I thought I’d bring back some of the delight and humor that goes along with being a trainer and dog-lover. I’m sure there are many more we can add to the list!
How you know you’re a real dog trainer &/or dog-owner enthusiast
- You’ve eaten pieces of hot dog you cut up for training treats. Uncooked.
- You wash your hands before you go to the bathroom.
- You don’t own black clothing (unless you exclusively work with black dogs).
- You would never think of paying over $100 for a rug.
- Your dryer lint typically has treats enmeshed in the brick of fur you pull out.
- Car detailers won’t return your calls.
- You can never find a pen, but your bag is full of clickers.
- Your dogs eat a more expensive diet than you do.
- You’ve taken crates to car dealerships to see if they fit in a potential new vehicle.
- The idea of a dog-free vacation is both alluring and a little frightening.