Private Training: Initial Consultation
Dogs will be dogs, and behavior that is natural to them – think jumping, chewing, digging, and nipping – is usually not acceptable to us! Our Private Training teaches all the basic behaviors you expect from a well-mannered dog, as well as easy to apply problem solving solutions, so that you and our dog can finally live with in harmony.
In our Private Training program you’ll learn useful, practical dog training techniques for common goals, including:
- Walking calmly on leash without pulling.
- Coming when called – no shouting required!
- Greeting visitors politely and not jumping.
- Curtailing in appropriate barking.
The choice is yours. Tell us what you’d like your dog to learn, and we’ll provide you and your companion with the dog obedience training and coaching you need to bring out the good behavior in the dog you love.
Your consultation – How it works
Private Training Consultations are two-hour lessons conducted in your home or at PBC in Granby, MA.
You can schedule with Elise Gouge, Head Certified Trainer or you can meet with a Certified Trainer, fully qualified to assist you with your training needs.
- Elise Gouge, Head Certified Trainer: $215 at PBC, $265 in-home
- Connor Grenier, Certified Trainer: $170
At the end of your consultation, your trainer will make recommendations for which program is right for you, your dog, and your goals. We have several options for lesson packages and subscriptions.
Ready to get started?
Private Training Sessions
Starting at $80
We have several Private Training options so you can choose the one that is the perfect fit for you and your pet.
Private Training sessions are 45 to 60 minutes in duration. First, would you like us to come to your home or would you like to come to the farm?
- Coaching: Coaching lessons or packages where we come to you and teach you the skills you need to train your dog (we are also training the dog, of course!). Think of it like your own personal class. Typically, people choose a basic package of five lessons where we teach a curriculum customized to what your dog needs or people schedule a standalone lesson as a refresher or to stay on track. In coaching lessons, the family, dog and trainer all work together.
- Day Training: Day Training is a series of lessons where the trainer comes in and works with the dog directly. The owner does not need to be present. Day training is great for puppies, dogs that need a solid foundation, or for behavior issues that are unrelated to the owner (like leash walking, for example). Day training has two options, either a package of 12 lessons or a discounted monthly subscription. The package is perfect for puppies and dogs that need a specific set of obedience skills. Subscriptions are best suited for dogs that have more significant behaviors or where the owner prefers the dog remain in training on an on-going basis.
At Ferry Hill Farm
- Coaching lessons are also available at the Farm. This is useful for people who need a larger space to train in, want to train outside in a safe environment, or need to work on skills where the dog is presented with distractions not available at home. Typically, people choose a basic package of five lessons where we teach a curriculum customized to what your dog needs or people schedule a standalone lesson as a refresher or to stay on track. In coaching lessons, the family, dog and trainer all work together.