Sometimes dogs have behaviors that are frustrating or annoying. You may feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing is working! Or maybe you’re concerned that your dog could bite someone. We understand what it’s like to feel at odds with your dog’s behavior, and can help you begin to restore harmony.
Here are some examples of dog behavior concerns which can be addressed in your consultation:
- Barking at strangers, dogs, cars, cars (including loud or aggressive barking)
- Separation anxiety or destructive behavior
- Territorial or over-protective behavior
- Fearful or anxiety-driven behavior
Your consultation – How it works
One of our consultants will provide you with a private two-hour behavior consultation which includes a comprehensive behavior modification plan complete with private video links, handouts, and customized recommendations to help you and your dog. We do video and in-person consultations. Most of our consultations are in Granby, MA at our facility but some consultants offer in-home services.
We will help you understand the “why” behind your dog’s behavior, determine your specific goals and how to reach them, and then provide the steps to get you started on the path back to enjoyable household harmony.
Your comprehensive behavior modification plan includes:
- Resources and handouts that support any and all recommendations made in the consultation.
- A custom behavior modification plan that best suits your dog and lifestyle.
- As a bonus, you’ll receive one month of email follow-ups to support your progress and help keep you on track with your goals.
While some behavior issues can be resolved in a single meeting, it’s typical to expect a period of ongoing hands-on work to change the behavior, and a lesson plan will be recommended.
Consultations are held at PBC in Granby, in your home or online.
Ready to get started?
If you have any questions about dog behavior consultations, you can check our frequently asked questions page. And if you still have question, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you, and we’re happy to answer any questions at all.
Online lessons are available for you and your dog to receive private, custom instruction with a trainer in real time. What could be more convenient than training from the comfort of your living room?
Online lessons are perfect for:
- Basic training including sit, down, stay, come, leave it, up-up/off, and more!
- Home issues such as barking in crate, jumping on visitors or family members, running out the door, counter-surfing, nipping, mouthing, etc.
- Problem behaviors involving guarding objects, being aggressive or anxious.
New clients must schedule a behavior consultation first. To learn more, check out the Behavior Consultations section above.
For existing clients, schedule your lesson now! We are currently using Zoom and FaceTime. We look forward to seeing you online!