Sometimes dogs have behaviors that are frustrating or annoying. You may feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing is working! Or maybe you’re concerned that your dog could bite someone. We understand what it’s like to feel at odds with your dog’s behavior, and can help you begin to restore harmony.
Here are some examples of dog behavior concerns which can be addressed in your consultation:
- Aggressive, reactive lunging behavior
- Growling, nipping, or biting behavior
- Barking at strangers, dogs, cars, cars (including loud or aggressive barking)
- Separation anxiety or destructive behavior
- Territorial or over-protective behavior
- Fearful or anxiety-driven behavior
Your consultation – How it works
Elise Gouge, certified behavior consultant, will provide you with a private two-hour, video behavior consultation which includes a comprehensive behavior modification plan complete with private video links, handouts, and customized recommendations to help you and your dog.
Elise will help you understand the “why” behind your dog’s behavior, determine your specific goals and how to reach them, and then provide the steps to get you started on the path back to enjoyable household harmony.
Your comprehensive behavior modification plan includes:
- Resources and handouts that support any and all recommendations made in the consultation.
- A custom behavior modification plan that best suits your dog and lifestyle.
- As a bonus, you’ll receive one month of email follow-ups to support your progress and help keep you on track with your goals.
While some behavior issues can be resolved in a single meeting, it’s typical to expect a period of ongoing hands-on work to change the behavior, and a lesson plan will be recommended.
Consultations are held at PBC in Granby, in your home or online.
Ready to get started?
Once scheduled, we’ll ask you to complete a questionnaire about your dog’s behavior and situation.
If you have any questions about dog behavior consultations, you can check our frequently asked questions page. And if you still have question, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you, and we’re happy to answer any questions at all.
Daycare is open!
We offer daycare on an extremely small scale, both to our current customers and new customers with young dogs or puppies.
Here are the details:
- Drop-off by appointment in the range of 7:45am-10am
- Pick-up by appointment in the of 4:30pm-7:30pm
- You can purchase individual days or get a subscription at a 10% discount
- Daycare is offered during weekdays only
- Dogs must be friendly, non-barkers, comfortable being kenneled/crated and have a decent recall or at least follow a pack
- There is livestock on the property so this is not a good match for dogs with intense prey drive
The property is 18 acres, it's all fenced in with 4 foot farm fence (post and welded wire). I'm in a residential neighborhood with neighbors nearby and I'm pretty close to the road. There are sheep on the farm and the neighbors have horses, sheep and goats. I have a small kennel, capacity of 10 dogs, built into my lower barn. You can join the boarding page on Facebook to see the kennel and get a feel for how things are. I don't do tours since it's a simple one room kennel and it's quite disruptive to the dogs when I take people inside. The kennel is climate controlled (heat + AC), has an alarm and temperature monitoring system, is under camera surveillance, and is stocked with the best of the best for keeping dogs happy and relaxed. It's simple, safe and totally designed with canine comfort as the ultimate goal.
We also have day training options for dogs that need some training in addition to romping with other dogs.
Dogs need to be current on DHLPP, bordetella and have had a recent clean fecal.
Online lessons are available for you and your dog to receive private, custom instruction with a trainer in real time. What could be more convenient than training from the comfort of your living room?
Online lessons are perfect for:
- Basic training including sit, down, stay, come, leave it, up-up/off, and more!
- Home issues such as barking in crate, jumping on visitors or family members, running out the door, counter-surfing, nipping, mouthing, etc.
- Problem behaviors involving guarding objects, being aggressive or anxious.
New clients must schedule a behavior consultation first. To learn more, check out the Behavior Consultations section above.
For existing clients, schedule your lesson now! We are currently using Zoom and FaceTime. We look forward to seeing you online!