Recent news! Elise has been certified as a Canine Behavior Consultant through the authority on training and behavior exams, the Certification Council of Professional Dog Training!
- FOR CATS Looking for help for your feisty feline?
- FOR DOGS Whether it’s straightforward or addressing more severe aggression issues, we have the solution here for you.
- FOR SHELTERS Elise can assist your shelter in implementing or modifying behavior programs.
- FOR ANIMAL CARE PROFESSIONALS With the ever increasing popularity of daycares, it’s vital to have staff properly trained in dog handling.
- INTERNSHIPS Are you interested in a career working with companion animals?
- BOARDING Whether it's one night, an extended vacation or board and train, bring your dog to Chez Elise for a great time!
I started with Jake, a beautiful Cane Corso, and his owner Dana in 2012. The presenting issue was reactivity towards strangers. Jake was territorial, fearful and protective. Partway through our work, Dana told me she was pregnant with her first child! Fabulous news... and very motivating to make sure that Jake could get to a place where he would be safe with the baby and people visiting. Here's the latest news from Dana...
It's been a while. It's a little busy around here :) Kennedy's delivery was great. She's 7 months old now and a great baby. And Jake is also an awesome dog. At first he was nervous to be around the baby, and he still is. He doesn't like her to get to close to her but I like it like that. We always monitor where he is and the baby is always in our sight. He has become more mellow since she has arrived, even with other people. He's not protective at all. I still take precautions when people come over, but over all he's doing great. I think the only thing now is he probably feels left out but I'm trying to play with him a lot. Other then that, everything is good. We still work with him when we can and we keep him on a short leash still and it makes a difference. Thanks for all your help!
Brenda Aloff Clinic
Brenda Aloff is returning in October for a 2 day clinic! See Events section for more information!
Free Newsletter and Blog
Sign up today and start receiving your FREE monthly newsletter and blog posts packed full of helpful training tips!